Keeping the Fire Hot
1. Bezos once said: “Amazon may break even or even lose money on the sale of its devices.” The company expects to recoup the money later through the sale of products, with a further boost from the annual $79 prime fast-shipping membership. In what ways does this strategy show Bezos as a systematic and intuitive thinker? There are many ways that show Bezos to be as a systematic and intuitive thinker he believed “that there’s a place for both systematic and intuitive decision making in management.”Bezos shows both intuitive thinking in his products by continuously coming up with new products to compete with his competitors. One way Bezos shows intuitive thinking would be how he’s planning for drones to fly Amazon deliveries to customers.
That definitely shows that he’s being an intuitive thinker because its innovative, creative and that out of the box thinking that will set a high bar for other competitors to compete with. Also his most intuitive way of thinking was his invention of the Kindle Fire. Bezos created the Kindle Fire in 2011,and the latest Kindle Fire HD from 2013 to now. The Kindle brand competes with brand such as Apple,Samsung, Google,Barnes and Noble, Nook,and many other e-reading apps and devices. He also uses systematic thinking by carefully planning and choosing which products he will come out with next and how he can improve on previously existing items such as developing the newer kindle fire from the original kindle idea. He used intuitive to create the kindle and used systematic thinking by researching his target market and his competitors for the Kindle brand to actually become successful. That takes a analytical thinking and rational thinking process to make the Kindle fire sell more books than paperbacks.
2. Would you describe the digital entertainment market as certain, risky, or uncertain for Amazon decision-makers? Discuss I think that Amazon’s position in the digital entertainment market would be certain. I say that because Amazon has the No.1 spot as the world’s largest Internet retailer, and frankly they will remain at the top. Technology is becoming faster and growing so there will be a need for digital entertainment. However it could also be uncertain because of Amazon’s competitors such as Netflix,Apple,Hulu, and other digital entertainment markets because it’s not Amazon’s original focus and main point. So they would have to come up with some intuitive ways that will set them above their competitors.
3. What are the latest initiatives coming out of Amazon? How do they stack up in relation to actual or potential competition? Amazon’s latest initiatives would be their Prime membership. Their prime membership includes: Free two day shipping and free standard shipping,unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video, and the ability to borrow books from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library for $99 a year or $10.99 a month,Amazon Music Unlimited,Discounts. Also the Kindle is still profitable despite the competition in Apple and Barnes & Noble measuring more. Amazon continues to be the go-to online retailer by satisfy all of their customer’s needs. They are more profitable than Barnes and Noble, but Apple is more profitable, and Amazon is currently second in their revenue stream, behind Apple, but make more acquisitions than them .Potential competition comes as hard to measure up to a one-stop shop that is already a convenience to the internet.
4. How have the Kiva and Zappos acquisitions worked out? Kiva’s automated guided robots deliver product to workers at pick stations, allowing Amazon increased efficiency (and reduced labor costs) in its worldwide distribution centers. Kiva was purchased by Amazon for $775 million. It has helped to keep costs low increases Amazon’s profit margin, and even allow savings for online shoppers. Bezos liked Zappos so much he bought it for $928 million. He wanted to join forces with Zappos so that they could accelerate the growth of Zappos business and brand.
5. Is Bezos making the right decisions as he guides the firm through today’s many business and management challenges? Yes because Bezos has a goal that is to be accomplished off of a series of other smaller goals,resulting in a great customer experience.With their revenue streams growing at phenomenal rate, I believe that Bezos is guiding his firm into the right direction. His number one goal is to give great customer service which is thinking long term and will result in longevity. He uses creativity, flexibility, and spontaneity when making key decisions. He also keeps investing to make his company stronger and harder to catch. Its millions of square feet of distribution fulfillment space keep growing domestically and around the globe. The firm’s products and services are continuously upgraded and expanded. So he’s guiding it in the right direction making business and management making decisions.
Conclusion: This course and further research I believe has really impacted me. Desiring to become a business owner studying and researching Jeff Bezos for these past few days has opened my eyes in learning how to be a successful entrepreneur. It also allowed me to see Bezos in a different way in how his thought process was, and his intuitive and systematic thinking that has successfully made Amazon the No 1 largest retailer.
1. The first example I could apply the course material would first be my professional life. I can use systematic and intuitive thinking for my own brand in order to have a successful business. I can use intuitive thinking to come up with creative and distinctive ways that will make my business apart from my competitors. I can use systematic thinking to analyze data,target markets, etc for my brand to keep up with technology and making long term consumers.
2. I can also use the systematic and intuitive process in my personal life as well. For example time management. Using the intuitive thinking process to come up with creative ways and processes to keep myself on track of time each day. And systematic thinking to keep track of data and test out the ideas of the intuitive thinking process and analyze if they worked and eventually start the cycle over.
3. I can also use the systematic and intuitive process in my personal life as well. For example in school and work. I have 6 classes that I’m taking plus work so it can be quite intimidating and frustrating. Using both processes I can come up with creative ways to plan for assignment,projects etc and also work that will allow me to do both and successfully manage and balance the two so they won’t clash. I can use systematic thinking to test out any ways I thought intuitively and develop the best way that I can use to manage and balance both.
Why Work With StudyAcer
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.