Individuals with somatic symptom disorders tend to have considerable difficulty with how they experience and appraise their bodily symptoms. The illness and the dysfunctional focus and behavior around the illness can assume a central role in the person’s life.
Somatic symptom disorders were originally thought of as “hysterical,” without legitimate medical causation, or as hypochondriasis. Though thinking has changed, negative judgments about unfounded illnesses can still be attached to individuals with these disorders. The boundary between medical and emotional problems can be further blurred. In some cases, an individual labeled with one of these illnesses may simply be experiencing a developing medical condition that has not yet been well defined. For all of these reasons, social workers need to take particular care in diagnosing somatic symptom disorders and in providing a fully biopsychosocial and multidisciplinary approach.
Cleaveland Clinic. (2019). Conversion Disorder in Adults. Retrieved from https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17975-conversion-disorder-in-adults
GARD. (2017). Conversion disorder. Retrieved from https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/6191/conversion-disorder
CDC.gov. (2018). What is ME/CFS?. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/me-cfs/about/index.html
CDC.gov. (2018). Treatment of ME/CFS. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/me-cfs/treatment/index.html
Remedy Health Media. (2019). The Biopsychosocial Approach. Retrieved from https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com/treatments/psychological/biopsychosocial-approach
Jennifer Brea Conference Video:
In this Assignment, you describe what that approach might look like for one client.
· Imagine that Jennifer Brea, whose TEDTalk (TED Conferences, LLC, 2016) Video you watched, is referred to you for ongoing supportive therapy when her psychiatry consultant decides that she does not have a conversion disorder. Despite the psychiatrist’s opinion, her primary care physician ignores that consult and labels Jennifer with the conversion disorder anyway. Be sure to investigate what the ‘conversion’ diagnosis means when responding.
PowerPoint (5–7 slides) in which you address the following:
· Explain in a concise professional manner how you would conduct your first meeting with Jennifer. Identify specific steps you would take to understand her circumstance and needs.
· Explain how you would proceed with her medical team in terms of advocacy for her as a client believed to have this condition.
· Explain why you would need to take a biopsychosocial approach to her ongoing care.
· Explain what social, family, vocational, Internet, and medical supports you would explore to help with her longer-term stabilization.
· Analyze the controversy in diagnosing a mental disorder based on unexplained physical symptoms. Within your analysis, consider how power and privilege influence who provides the diagnoses and which groups are more likely to be diagnosed with certain disorders. Explain your thoughts on this debate.
Support your presentation with research and references to scholarly literature.
Make sure you add in information in the note section explaining each slides and Include a transcript and/or edit closed captioning in your presentation to ensure your presentation is accessible to colleagues of differing abilities.
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
If you are looking for exceptional academic writing services, then you are in the right place. Studyacer offers customised academic assignments and academic papers for students at all levels.
Writing an essay can be a challenge. However, we know what every student needs. And we purpose to deliver. Here at StudyAcer, we do all we can to help with academic essays and assignments. We have a dedicated team of professional essay writers.
We understand students need satisfactory results. Our cheap assignment writing service helps and never leaves any doubt. We always strive to ensure the ultimate and best results. It is our joy to offer a cheap reliable essay writing service.
Have you been asking yourself, where can get a pre written research papers for sale? Worry no more, the fact that you have a term paper that is due tonight and you haven’t touched it. At Study Acer it is our responsibility to get your paper on time.