Analyze a case study that addresses several key operations management fundamentals. Use the tools and techniques that operations managers use into the final summative analysis. Address the typical problems that operations managers face. Discuss the emerging concepts of sustainability in business management, specifically the topics of corporate responsibility and environmental compliance.
Demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes:
· Evaluate the influence of operations functions on generating value for a firm and its customers
· Explain theories and techniques used by operations managers for informing production processes
· Accurately apply problem-solving and decision-making skills to real-world problems using quantitative and qualitative methodologies
· Integrate emerging principles into operations management functions by addressing corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability
Write a comprehensive analysis of the Nissan attached case study by addressing the critical elements below.
Imagine that you are hired into the role of the operations manager at the company described in the case study. Although there are many issues facing the company, you have some experience and are well qualified to provide direction in solving these problems. To address many of the questions below, you will want to review your submissions from previous modules and incorporate instructor feedback. Using the case study, course materials, and outside sources, prepare a cohesive case study analysis for submission as one document.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
One: Managing Operations – DUE January 15, 2018 Submit a managing operations case study analysis, which evaluates how Nissan uses operations management functions to provide products and generate value for its customers and how it achieves a competitive advantage using operations management, among other critical elements. Use the Nissan case study and independent research.
I. Generating Value
· Evaluate how the company in the case study uses operations management functions to provide products and generate value for its customers. Support your claims with examples from the case study or outside sources.
· Assess how this company achieves a competitive advantage using operations management. Provide examples found in the case study or outside sources to support your reasoning.
· Compare and contrast service operations and manufacturing operations at the company in the case study. How are they the same? How do they differ? How does each of these operations provide value for their customers?
II. Theories and Techniques
· Compare and contrast the critical path method (CPM) and the program evaluation and review technique (PERT). What types of projects at this company would favor PERT over CPM? Why? What types of projects at this company would favor CPM over PERT? Why?
· Explain the steps used to develop a forecasting system. How would these steps be specifically utilized by this company? What do you predict would be the result of implementing a forecasting system for the top-selling product line at this company?
· List the major categories of supply chain risk and associated risk-reduction tactics. How could the company mitigate exposure to supply chain disruptions caused by natural disasters? For example, consider the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that devastated parts of Japan.
Two: Quality, Process, and Location Analysis – DUE January 29, 2018 Submit a quality, process, and location analysis case study analysis that addresses the typical problems that operations managers face. To complete this, use the Nissan case study and your own independent research.
II. Theories and Techniques
· Explain the five steps of the theory of constraints (TOC) process. To what processes might the company in the case study apply TOC? Why would applying TOC to these processes be advantageous?
· Describe how total quality management (TQM) principles and tools can be used to improve quality in the latest line of products in the context of the case study.
III. Data Analysis
· Draw a cause-and-effect diagram that assesses why some of the company’s supply chain partners might have struggled to implement some of the company’s newly developed materials. Summarize your findings from the diagram.
· Draw a hypothetical process (time-function) map for producing a recently released (within the past two years) product manufactured by the company. As an operations manager, how will you use the value map? Be sure to include your process map within your case study analysis.
· Considering the data and options below, determine where the company should locate its new manufacturing plant. Explain why this would be the favorable location.
|Factor||Weight||Mexico City||Columbia, SC|
Three: Sustaining Operations – DUE February 5, 2018 In Module Five, you will submit a sustaining operations case study analysis that discusses the emerging concepts of sustainability in business management, specifically the topics of corporate responsibility and environmental compliance. To complete this milestone, you will use the Nissan case study, your own independent research, and the course materials. This milestone is graded with the Milestone Three Rubric.
II. Theories and Techniques
· Summarize the following theories: just in time (JIT), Toyota Production System (TPS), and Lean. How are these concepts related? Describe the advantages and disadvantages for using each of these concepts at the company presented in the case study.
· Describe how the emerging concept of the triple bottom line can be used to enhance operations management at the company. Be sure to address each component of the triple bottom line.
· Explain how the company integrates ISO 14000 standards in its manufacturing plants. Support your explanation with citations from your textbook or outside sources.
· Describe ways through which the company can integrate corporate responsibility principles into their operations. Which of these do you believe to be the most effective? Why? Support your opinions with citations from your textbook or outside sources.
Four: Comprehensive Case Study Analysis – DUE February 19, 2018 Submit the final comprehensive case study analysis. It should be a complete, polished artifact containing all of the critical elements of the final product. Be sure that this final submission includes an introduction section, which provides an overview of the company and some of the key challenges that it is facing. Also, be sure to include a summary/conclusion section that highlights some of the most important recommendations for improving operations at the company.
Theories and Techniques
· Explain how gross-to-net calculations are processed for material requirements planning (MRP). What specific input files would the company in the case study need to include in this process for a successful MRP? How would you use the MRP information to improve the operations as the manager of this company?
· Explain the four primary priority rules for job sequencing. In what instances at the company might each rule be most advantageous? When would each rule be most disadvantageous? Support your claims with citations from your textbook or outside sources.
· The company believes that it might have some inefficiencies in its inventory management process. Develop an ABC classification system for the following 10 items. Based on this information, what do you recommend for improving inventory management?
Why Work With StudyAcer
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.