Description of the Signature Assignment
The purpose of the assignment to critically analyze information form academic sources; to practice reading profession writing; to recognize valid research and understand the results; to use good writing techniques to support a ideas; to use multiple perspectives to look at a single issue of analyze the health of various countries and methods to improve health of their people; and to practice reflection and self-assessment on how research on a topic influences personal opinion.
Directions for Students
Follow the instructions below and develop a paper that analyzes the health of various countries and methods to improve the health of their people from multidisciplinary perspectives.
a. Each student will compare four countries. Each student will search The World Bank or similar website (e.g., International Monetary Fund or IMF) and select one low-income country (e.g., Afghanistan, Zimbabwe), one lower-middle income country (e.g., India, El Salvador), one middle income country (e.g., Mexico, Romania), and one high-income country, whether or not a member of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) (e.g., Canada, Japan). You may obtain this information at:
b. Each student will then search in the websites for the World Bank, the World Health Organization, the CIA or the websites of similar reputable organizations and identify at least five of the following indicators for each country: life expectancy or healthy life-expectancy; literacy rate; total fertility rate; infant mortality rate or under-five child mortality rate; immunization rates; adult mortality rate; rate of skilled attendants at births; and maternal mortality rate. Create a table with the indicators as the rows, and the countries as the columns (or vice versa).
c. Using the data sources above and academic literature, research the economic, cultural, historical, geographic, sociologic, etc., factors that affect the health of each country.
d. Based on the differences found and any other information researched, analyze the disparities and explore possible reasons for these variations. Discuss what the global response, if any, should be to address these disparities and why. The response should be broader than providing better health care. Many sectors and disciplines may be involved. Contributions from at least three disciplines must be included.
Disciplines/Perspectives That May Be Included
|Sociology||Law/Political Science||Religious Studies|
|History||Education||Cultural and Ethnic Studies|
|Public Policy||Medicine/Health Sciences||Gender and Women Studies|
|Journalism & Communication||Economics|
Content of your Paper
Please use subject headings when you change topics. When writing, make sure to clearly demonstrate which disciplines’ perspective you are analyzing. You should have a minimum of one source for each discipline.
Suggested Outline of paper
A. Title page
a. Introduce topic
b. Introduce the chosen countries
c. Thesis statement in italics
C. Analysis of health indicator disparities
D. Analysis of factors contributing to the health challenges of the countries
E. Analysis of the potential global responses to address the health disparities and country efforts to address their health challenges
a. Reflection on how self-perspective of the topic is changed after researching the topic
b. Reflection on self as a learner; skills acquired from the assignment, insights into the research, and writing process
c. Evaluate own learning from perspective of envisioning future improved self
H. References in correct APA, 6th edition style
1. Length: Paper length is 1500 words minimum (excluding title page, references, and any graphics/tables or charts). Length should be determined by coverage of topics, some authors will need more than the minimum word count to appropriately cover all of the assignment requirements.
2. Resources: This is a research based assignment, sources must be scholarly, use of web sites is expected but they must be reliable and use references (i.e. they cite where the information came from). Minimum of 5 academic sources , one of which must be a peer reviewed journal article . Wikipedia is not an academic source, you also may not use ProCon.
3. Thesis: There should be a thesis (in italics ) that clearly states your opinion, not a topic/introductory sentence.
· Typed, double spaced, Times Roman font, 1 inch margins, font size 12.
· Title page: including name, class section number, name of the assignment and your specific title for the assignment.
· The entire assignment should be strictly double-spaced, with no additional space before or after each line (check you paragraph settings).
· Papers must have running headers with your name (not the title of the paper) and page numbers, on every page. This is in the header not the body of the document.
· Citations must be in APA citation format for both in text citations and reference list. Cite all sources you use. When referring to a source cited in an article do not cite the original article if you did not read it, use “as cited in”.
5. The assignment must use college-level writing including spelling, verb usage and tense, grammar, vocabulary, sentence formation and paragraph development. Use of direct quotes should be limited (not more than 10% of paper), paraphrasing is preferred for most situations.
6. Papers should be submitted to Turnitin via BeachBoard. It is your responsibility to be sure it is a file type that it can read, papers submitted in the incorrect format will be considered late. It will not tell you if it cannot read it. Double check that you paper has been submitted by checking your Turnitin Report (not Receipt). Preferred submission is MSWord.
7. Use the rubric to check your work for omissions. Please make sure it is the correct rubric for the paper topic you choose.
8. Plagiarism will not be tolerated, if in doubt cite. Direct quotations (meaning the authors words) require quotation marks as well as citations. Not understanding the need to use quotation marks is not a defense if you do not understand proper citation of quotes please see the instructor during office hours.
Why Work With StudyAcer
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.