The purpose of this assignment is to familiarize you with job analysis techniques and the use of the O*NET site. This assignment is directly tied to learning goals 1, 3, and 5 for the course.
You are expected to analyze a job using one of the job analysis techniques described in the textbook and/or lecture. You may use your own personal experience with the job (either as a job incumbent or as a recipient of the output of that job) and/or material from the O*NET site. As O*NET may have already conducted a job analysis of the job, I recommend you make full use of that resource but be sure to cite O*NET correctly if you do. Each student should work alone. Use the worksheet that follows to complete the assignment. A scoring rubric can be found attached to the assignment in Blackboard. Once you have completed the assignment, submit your answers through the Blackboard assignment for that purpose.
What job are you analyzing (e.g., Hairdresser, Dentist, etc.):
1. What types of activities would you conduct prior to the actually beginning the job analysis? Be specific as to the types of information you might seek and the sources where such information might be found.
2. If you were to actually perform a job analysis, discuss the steps you would use and how you would go about conducting the job analysis. Your answer should include: type of job analysis (e.g., functional, critical incidents, etc.), type of data collection (e.g., observation, interview, etc.), and how you would go about gathering and verifying the data.
3. For the job you are analyzing, what are the five or six most important job tasks listed? Why do you think each is important?
4. What knowledge would a person need to be successful in this job and how would a person demonstrate having such knowledge (e.g., degree, license, experience)?
5. What specific skills would a person need to be successful in this job (e.g., typing, programming, decision making)?
6. What abilities would a person need to be successful in this job (e.g., strength, vision)?
7. What other characteristics might a person need to be successful in this job (e.g., personality, demographics)?
8. What is the work context typically associated with this job (e.g., environmental conditions, interaction with coworkers and/or clients)?
End your assignment with a References page.
Why Work With StudyAcer
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.