Write an arguable claim email after reading chapter 14 Emails in your textbook. However, you also need to study writing the arguable claim letter section that is described on pages (355-358). The sample letter is on page 357. In addition, I have posted a “Sample Claim Letter” in the Handouts folder on Blackboard.
Note: The sample letters use the correct organizational strategy for an arguable claim letter, but do not copy them exactly. Do not copy the language, words or phrases, or paragraph length—this is not a template, it’s merely one sample.
Video Explanation of Assignment and Sample Letter: (13 minutes)
Assignment Length: Write a claim email that is between 5-7 paragraphs in length and written in correct business tone.
Email Paragraphs: Single-spaced email. Don’t exceed 7 sentences (email paragraphs are shorter than traditional documents)
Use the background information below to write your email:
You work for the Academy of American Poets, a non-profit organization, as their accounts manager. The AAP has received an erroneous bill from a longstanding business client, and you have been trying to investigate the issue for the last two weeks. You are writing one last email in an attempt to solve this problem.
In February, the Academy of American Poets held a poetry reading in honor of National Poetry Month at the downtown YMCA in New York City. Since the inception of National Poetry Month in 2011, the YMCA has provided its space at a reduced rate of $2,000. However, a week after the event, the Y billed the Academy $4,000 for use of the facility without notifying the Academy ahead of time regarding the price increase. Since the Academy works on a limited budget, such a price increase could prevent the Academy from using the space in the future.
As an employee of the Academy of American Poets, you have been in contact with two of the YMCA’s staff. You have spoken with Nick Fury, the events coordinator and his supervisor, Sue Harbringer, who is the office manager.
You will be writing to Deejah Thoris, the regional manager for the YMCA, who is the last person who could possibly help you with this issue.
· Ms. Thoris is the supervisor for both Mr. Fury and Ms. Harbringer.
Email Instructions: Points for my grading are based on this bullet pointed list below. Read them closely:
· Use the Background Information for the basis of your email, but you have creative flexibility with the interpretation of those facts. You must expand and elaborate in any area where it assists your argument.
· Areas to develop:
You might mention your feelings about the event space and the service the YMCA provided. Was the AAPs event successful?
· Expand and describe your interaction with Nick Fury and Sue Harbringer. You may add any supporting details, reasoning, and explanation that you think is important, and helps you build your argument.
· Because your request is an arguable claim, organize the letter using an indirect pattern (as defined in Chapter 15).
· Write a specific action statement for use in the letter. Define the purpose of the email by deciding what you want Ms. Thoris to do when she has finished reading it.
· An additional persuasive strategy for a letter such as this would also include appeals to ETHOS (values and beliefs) of the intended audience (the YMCA), as you try to connect with and persuade them—what shared values or mission do you have? (perhaps review the YMCA’s website.)
· Attachment: Add an attachment with your email. Just name any document(s) you would (hypothetically) include with the email to support your argument. Don’t create a separate document—just name the types of documents you would want to include to help build your case.
Why Work With StudyAcer
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.