Assessment details for ALL students
Assessment item 1— Written Assessment – Individual
Due date: Week 5 Friday (10 Apr. 2020) 11:55 am AEST
Length: 20% (or 20 marks)
Max. 4000 words excluding references
The unit learning outcomes covered in this assessment are listed in the unit profile.
1. Acquire fundamental knowledge on cloud computing;
2. Become familiar with cloud service providers and theirservices;
3. Learn to manage cloud services and evaluate their suitability for applications.
The purpose of this assignment is to compare between two cloud service providers and their services. By
doing this assignment, you will acquire a good understanding of available cloud service providers and
their service offerings. This will help you to determine appropriate services for developing smart
What do you need to do?
The assignment requires you to do the following:
4/3/2020 [In Process] 54252 – Assessment details for ALL studentsAssessment
• Identify four cloud service providers who offer IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and PaaS (Platform as a
Service) for medium to large enterprises.
• Select one of the cloud service providers from your list for further investigation. If necessary, create a
trial account and use all the different services it offers. Take screenshots to record some of those services
while using them.
• Compare and contrast between PaaS and IaaS services of IBM cloud and the cloud service provider you
What do you need to submit?
You are required to submit a written report in a single Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) document. The
report should contain Max. 4000 words. The report must contain the following sections (feel free to add
one or more sections if necessary):
• Cover page/title page, table of contents and abstract
• Cloud service providers o List four identified cloud service providers who offer PaaS and IaaS for
medium to large enterprises
o Select one service provider out of the list to compare with IBM cloud PaaS (previously known as
Bluemix) and IaaS services. Write two reasons to justify your selection of service provider.
• Comparison and contrast with IBM cloud PaaS and IaaS– this is the body of the report and should be
written as detailed as possible. You can include screenshots and other media to enrich your report (you are
not allowed to use screenshots and media content from internet – they must be your
own. It is a good idea to try the environment before your answer this section. This section must and only
include comparison and contrast between IBM Cloud and your chosen service provider (PaaS and IaaS
services only) for the following:
o Services offered in the area of Internet of Things (IoT) applications, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
applications and hardware resources.
o The quality of design and navigation of the PaaS and IaaS system.
o The level of difficulty for development and deployment process of the cloud environment.
o Costing model offered by the providers. An example costing model can be found in the link below
which you can use for the assignment. https://www.ibm.com/cloud/pricing
o How easy is it to manage the application and servers in the context of the following?
? Allocate and upgrade resources like memory, space, etc.
o Step by step process required to create and deploy a “Hello World” application or an IaaS instance.
• Your opinion – Based on your comparison and contrast of the cloudproviders o Which service provider
performed better and why? o One area of improvement for each, that you would like to see over their
current services and why?
Plagiarism Checking Information
It is VERY important that you do not copy content directly from either the text or Internet resources: this
assignment is to be in your own words. You will lose marks if you do not use your own words! Actual
plagiarism will result in the instigation of the student misconduct process.
On uploading your assignment for the first time you will be able to immediately see your similarity score.
However, a 24 hour delay exists for the release of similarity scores for the submission of successive items
To be clear, the delay will not apply to your first publish which will receive a Turnitin similarity score as
soon as possible.
This mandatory delay was implemented by Turnitin to minimise misuse of the similarity-checking service
by students who were simply modifying their submissions to avoid match detection and without citing
Student Number & Name:
4/3/2020 [In Process] 54252 – Assessment details for ALL studentsAssessment
Marker / Date:
Sections Marks Comments
The report quality –
• Is the report easy to follow?
• Is it prepared using formal report writing style such as table of content, page numbers, appropriate
referencing (if any), cover page, introduction, conclusion and so on. /2 (1 mark for each bullet point)
Cloud service providers – How well student answered the bullet points below.
• List four identified cloud service providers who offer PaaS and IaaS for medium to large enterprises
• Select a service provider out of the list to compare with IBM cloud PaaS
(previously known as Bluemix) and IaaS services. Write two reasons to justify your selection of service
providers. /3 marks ( 1.5 marks for
Comparison and contrast – How well student answered the bullet points below.
• Services offered in the area of Internet of Things (IoT) applications, Artificial
Intelligence (AI) applications and hardware resources.
• The quality of design and navigation of the PaaS and IaaS system.
• The level of difficulty for development and deployment process of the cloud environment.
• Costing model offered by the providers. An example costing model can be found in the link below which
you can use for the assignment.
• How easy is it to manage the application and servers in the context of the following?
o Allocate and upgrade resources like memory, space, etc.
• Step by step process required to create and deploy a “Hello World” application or an IaaS instance. /9
marks (1 mark
for first five bullet points
+ 4 marks for the last bullet point)
Your opinion – Based on comparison and contrast between two cloud providers,
• Which service provider performed better and why?
• One area of improvement, that you would like to see over their current services and why? /3 (1.5 marks
for each bullet point)
• Adequate referencing
• Referencing style – we use Harvard
(author-date) referencing style /3 marks ( 1.5 marks for
Late submission deduction /5%(1 mark) for each day
The post The unit learning outcomes covered in this assessment are listed in the unit profile..
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
If you are looking for exceptional academic writing services, then you are in the right place. Studyacer offers customised academic assignments and academic papers for students at all levels.
Writing an essay can be a challenge. However, we know what every student needs. And we purpose to deliver. Here at StudyAcer, we do all we can to help with academic essays and assignments. We have a dedicated team of professional essay writers.
We understand students need satisfactory results. Our cheap assignment writing service helps and never leaves any doubt. We always strive to ensure the ultimate and best results. It is our joy to offer a cheap reliable essay writing service.
Have you been asking yourself, where can get a pre written research papers for sale? Worry no more, the fact that you have a term paper that is due tonight and you haven’t touched it. At Study Acer it is our responsibility to get your paper on time.