Your final assignment consists of 20 open ended questions. Verizon (VZ) is the company you will use and you will need to use their 2020 financial statements to answer many of the questions. Most questions are worth 4 or 5 points. Question #19 is worth 10 points, for a total of 100 points. You must show ALL work and formulas that you use.
For questions 1-6, you will use the following information:
· risk free rate: 1.75%
· expected rate of return for the market: 9.5%
· Beta of VZ: 0.85
· VZ total debt, interest and shares issued can be found in VZ financial statements
· assume market value of all debt is 100% of face(par) value.
· tax rate is 20%
· VZ stock price: $55
· initial investment: 4,500,000
· year 1 cash flow: 1,100,000
· year 2 cash flow: 1,200,000
· year 3 cash flow: 1,350,000
· year 4 cash flow: 1,550,000
· year 5 cash flow: 1,750,000
BASED ON THIS INFORMATION CALCULATE THE FOLLOWING (5 points each)
1. cost of equity
2. after tax cost of debt
3. weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
4. net present value of the investment (NPV)
5. internal rate of return of the investment (IRR)
6. payback period of the investment
For questions 7-13, use the appropriate information given for questions 1-6. Also refer to the VZ financial statements and calculate the following ratios;
(5 points each)
7. Current ratio
8. Debt equity ratio
9. Times interest earned
10. Inventory turnover ratio
11. Return on equity (ROE)
12. After tax (net) profit margin
13. Price Earnings Ratio
14. VZ currently has a 10-year bond priced at 983.21 with a 6.35% semi-annual coupon. VZ wants to issue a new 10-year bond at par bond with a face value of $1000. Calculate the coupon of the new bond. (4 points)
15. VZ shares have declined significantly to 26.90. What is the required rate of return if the next dividend will be $1.38 and the projected growth rate decreases to 2.5%? (5 points)
16. VZ is considering two additional higher risk projects with a required rate of return of 12%. Based on the following cash flows which project should VZ chose and why? (4 points)
Year Project 1 cash flow Project 2 cash flow
0 -320,000 -260,000
1 115,000 35,000
2 159,000 58,000
3 132,000 249,000
17. What is the 4-year geometric average return for VZ stock given the following returns: 11.4%, 6.2%, -0.7% and -3.3% (4 points)
18. Determine the expected return of VZ if the risk-free rate moves to 4.05%, the beta increases to 1.32, and the broad equity market is projected to return 12.72% (4 points)
19. What is the cash cycle of VZ given this new additional information: (10 points)
Account 2018 end balance 2019 end balance
Inventory 186,000 194,000
Account receivables 42,000 45,000
Account payables 58,000 52,000
Net sales (2019 all credit) 764,000
Cost of goods sold (2019) 517,000
20. Inflation has averaged 2.8% over the past 4 years. During this time, US Corporate Bonds have produced returns of 6, 3, 2 and 4 percent, and international equities have produced annual percentage returns of 15, 7, 4 and 18 over the same 4-year period. What is the average real return for international stocks and US corporate bonds? (4 points)
Why Work With StudyAcer
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.