This week we will study organizational and managerial issues in logistics, factors that play a role in organization’s logistics effectiveness and efficiency, and the ways to enhance effectiveness and efficiency. We will look at organizing logistics within the firm, focusing on organizational structure.
Assignment 3.1 – Reading assignments
Read the following:
Chapter 4: Organizational and Management Issues in Logistics
Assignment 3.2 – Individual homework
Answer questions posted for chapter 4
Open assignment link in Assignments area, Graded Individual Homework folder. This is a timed quiz and you have one hour to answer 10 multiple choice questions for each chapter. Save and submit your answers within one hour.
Assignment 3.3 – Group Assignment
Case 4-1, “Red Spot Markets Company”, page 72. Answer all 8 questions. Please review the case thoroughly and do not split the work among group members. Everybody should have answers for all questions and share them with the team in group discussion area, and then try to integrate all answers into one report from the group, in a Word file. Name the file as “Group No.- Week No.” for example: “Group 3-week 3”
This assignment is due at the end of week 3(Sunday, 11:59 pm)
Assignment 3.4 (post to the discussion forum)
Answer one of the following questions as an original posting. Introducing outside material is encouraged. This can be in form of a relevant, real
life experience, or relevant online references that help you achieve a better understanding of the week’s topics and add value to your discussion. Merely finding the answers from the text will be a “minimal contribution”. You may ask any question about the week’s material or answer questions posted by other students. Do not answer a question that is already answered by another student. Type the question you are answering and follow with your answer. Please note that you are required to post two responses to other students.
Questions for this week:
1. Discuss several issues that influence the organization of logistics activities within a firm.
2. Compare and contrast the fragmented and unified logistical organizational structures.
3. What are the differences between a centralized and a decentralized logistics department?
4. Describe the hierarchical and matrix organizational design.
5. From a logistics perspective, how is network organizational design manifested in terms of relevancy, responsiveness, and flexibility?
6. Define what is meant by productivity. Discuss how productivity can be improved.
7. In what ways can unionized workforces be a challenge to improving productivity?
8. Discuss how technological considerations can help in managing truck drivers and their productivity.
9. What are some potential challenges to improving productivity by getting
more output from existing assets?
10. Discuss the reasons why logisticians might be concerned with theft.
11. How can logistics managers attempt to control pilferage?
12. Explain how piracy attacks on ships are a serious issue for today’s logistics manager.
13. Describe some potential logistics social responsibility dimensions.
14. How can warehouses control their energy usage in terms of design, lighting, and roofing considerations?
15. Discuss the reasons why products might be returned.
16. What questions should be asked after a returned item has been counted and recorded? Nowadays lots of online shopping have the reverse logistics. There are some options for you to choose why you want to return it. For example, I want to return a cloth. Customer service should ask about
17. What are some ways in which the Transportation Security Administration is attempting to improve the security of the U.S. transportation system?
18. In what ways is the legislation requiring 100 percent scanning of U.S.-bound containers likely to be disruptive to international trade?
19. Discuss the Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT).
20. What concerns have importers expressed with implementation of the Importer Security Filing rule?
Why Work With StudyAcer
Quality Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. We will always strive to deliver on time.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied.