Coursera is one of the most efficient online learning platforms, and it offers a variety of educational programs and courses. It was founded in 2012 by Daphne Koller and Andrew Ng and is associated with some of the best universities and institutions in the world, such as Yale, Stanford, the University of London, and Princeton.
You may have questions about how to get Coursera answers and how to use the platform. This article focuses on how you can make the most out of the platform and strives to answer the questions you may have. Studyacer has all the experts to help you get all the Coursera answers.
As mentioned above, Coursera is an online educational platform. Here, you will access massive open online courses (MOOCs), provided you have an internet connection and a smart device. The courses offered on the platform include:
- Computer Science
The courses are run by experts in various subjects, most of whom are professors at the top universities of the world. One of the advantages of using Coursera to learn is that it is learner-centric. As such, as a learner, you will be able to study at your pace, with full access to course materials and lectures whenever is convenient for you.
Coursera as a platform provides individuals with the opportunity to advance their careers, learn new skills, and generally be educated, regardless of geographical situation or financial position. It is a go-to for learners around the world, from students to people who just love learning.
Does Coursera Have Paid Courses?
Coursera has both free and paid courses. If you are tight on cash but want to learn a skill, you can take advantage of the free programs offered on the platform. Some of these free programs include:
- Machine Learning
- Financial Markets
- Machine Learning
- Introduction to Python Programming
The paid version of Coursera, also known as Coursera Course Certificate, provides the learner with unlimited access to more than 90% of the courses offered on the platform. The learner can also do quizzes, graded assignments, and exams to further enforce understanding of a course. On the completion of a course, you will earn a certificate, which you can add to your list of accomplishments.
Note that different courses come with different price structures, which are displayed on the course page. You will be delighted to learn that payment plans come with free trials, allowing you to experience the platform before using it. For instance, if you are making monthly payments, you are likely to enjoy 7-day free trials.
How Do Coursera Quizzes Work?
Quizzes are an integral part of understanding a concept and are common in Coursera. They assess a user on the Couse in question and provide an opportunity for the learner to apply the knowledge they have acquired. Here is what you need to know about how Coursera quizzes work:
- There are different types of quizzes. Different courses and instructors apply different quiz formats. They could be in the form of multiple choices, fill-in-the-blank questions, matching questions, true or false questions, or short answers.
- Quizzes in Coursera are timed. Once you start doing a quiz on the platform, you have a specific time to finish it. The time limit differs according to the course, the length of the quiz, and its complexity.
- The time taken to grade quizzes depends on the type of quiz. For multiple-choice and true-or-false questions, grades are provided automatically. You get feedback automatically. For quizzes where you are required to fill in answers or fill in blanks, the grading process takes a little longer. This is because the instructors or teaching assistants review and grade these answers manually.
- Some courses on Coursera allow multiple attempts. You can attempt a quiz several times to improve your score. The policy regarding multiple attempts is different from one course to another, and it depends on the instructor.
How Do I Ask Questions on Coursera?
In case you face difficulty on the platform or need clarification on a matter, there are ways you can ask questions on Coursera. For one, you can use make use of the discussion forums where learners interact and engage in discussions. You can also direct your question directly to instructors and teaching assistants. These discussion forums are designed in such a way that you can contribute to discussions or start your own topic of discussion by asking a question.
Secondly, the instructors of specific courses have office hours during which you can interact with them directly. During this time, you can schedule an appointment or join live sessions and ask the instructors whatever questions you may have. You will receive immediate and personalized assistance.
Does Coursera Detect Cheating?
Coursera does not stand for any form of misconduct. It is a platform that runs on integrity and honesty. With that, it has measures to detect and put a stop to cheating instances. If found practicing irregularities, you risk being discontinued from your course or the entire platform, depending on the severity of your misconduct.
There are several techniques that Coursera employs to detect cheating. They include:
- Data analysis: Coursera uses analytics to spot unusual behavior that may result from cheating. For instance, if a learner’s performance shoots out of nowhere or appears suspiciously similar to another learner’s, an analytic investigation will be prompted.
- Detection of plagiarism: Coursera has algorithms and software that can detect plagiarism in submitted assignments. If your work turns out to be plagiarized, it will be rejected. To avoid this, ensure that you cite your sources properly in your text. Also, the purpose is to paraphrase information instead of just copy-pasting from the original document. More importantly, utilize plagiarism software such as Turnitin and Grammarly to boost your work’s credibility before submitting it on Coursera.
- Use of identity verification: Some courses employ identity verification processes during exams to ensure that you are the one doing your own exams. This technique prevents cheating by reducing cases where someone uses unauthorized assistance or a proxy to do their exams, especially during important tests.
For more related articles and academic help, visit studyacer.us.